Window's frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window's frame

Hello, I just started working in Revit and day by day,I get to know it. I'm wondering if is it possible to make some kind of "frame" around window (like in the pic)? It is like part of elevation but from different material and it should be like separate element. How can I built it in Revit?
    Attached Files

Yep. It can be part of the same component with different materials, or a nested component that is separate, or an entirely different component all together. Up to you.

Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

Aaron Maller
    Director
    Parallax Team, Inc.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Thank you for answer. Could you tell me which way is the easiest and how to do it?
      Separate component means that i should build it in another file and upload it?

Comment

Looking at that images I would make a wall based family (generic model) that will cut into the wall and add a regular window in the middle. Mostly because it is not really part of the window, but more an extra bit around it made of stone.
        Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
        Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

Ok, I will try to do that. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
            Looking at that images I would make a wall based family (generic model) that will cut into the wall and add a regular window in the middle. Mostly because it is not really part of the window, but more an extra bit around it made of stone.
            The "extra bit" would work well as a shared/nested family so that you can swap out other types of "extra bits" over time.
            Greg McDowell Jr
            about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

Many ways to skin a cat! You can also make some parametric extrusions that follow the window opening void/profile. It's a simple rectangular shape, so it is quite easy to do.

Comment

I did it as a new family and then imported to my file. Thank you for your help!
                Attached Files

Comment