Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wall surface pattern

Hi,

I have a masonry-wall with a window that has a set-back of 180mm. (± 7")
    I do not use wall-wraping because that is pure esthetics.
    Revit doesn't count the area of the wall-wrap, which is important for my schedules and the contractor who needs to know the amount of bricks.

Therefor I create a small wall that I join to the big wall.
    But the problem is:

wall surface pattern problem.JPG

The surface pattern is not displayed on the side of the wall.
    How do I do that?

Thanks,

Miter the wall joins... Go to Modify > Wall Joins. Hover above the corner you wish to adjust, a square will appear. Click and change the options in the Option Bar to Miter.
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Would be helpful with a plan view, but the short answer is Wall Joins - If at all possible, set the joins to "Miter".
      Klaus Munkholm
      "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Sorry for my late reply, I assumed I would get a message in my email telling me someone has replied. Guess I have to edit my settings...

Miter won't work, since it's a window-insert, not wall-ends. And walls are set to 'disallow join'

wall surface pattern problem plan view.JPGwall surface pattern problem plan view.JPG

So basicly I should have known the answer: it's a cut, therefor displays the cut-pattern......

Comment

Originally posted by mno View Post

So basicly I should have known the answer: it's a cut, therefor displays the cut-pattern......
          Right, and wrong. It´s a cut, but it´s not displaying the Cut Pattern - It´s displaying NO pattern...
          Klaus Munkholm
          "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Ok, thought you did the outer brick opening by hand. Well then, try this:
            1. Create an offset parameter for the opening in your door family. Create it so that you can have the opening be wider then the actual door width.
            2. Create a Generic Model to represent the custom masonry wall. Make it line based, you can now in your project select the wall edges on which you want to place it with the Pick Line command.
            3. Apply a material parameter so that you can add the wanted material in your project.
            Martijn de Riet
            MdR Advies

Comment

Hé Martijn,

I tried to figure out what you meant and then I thought: 'wait, isn't that the same as painting a face with a material!?'
              So I tried the paint-command first. And it worked!!!

PAINT.JPG

Comment

Not quite what I had in mind, since the paint material won't be scheduled. But if that works for you too, then it's all ok.

What I meant is create something like attached but in masonry (can't post the entire family, it's created under NDA).
                Attached Files
                Martijn de Riet
                MdR Advies

Comment

That's great. I don't want the paint to be scheduled. It's just cosmetic.
                  The extra wall I've made will do the scheduling. (same as your generic-model-acting-as-wall)

Comment

Ah ok, all fixed then. Although in the long run / large projects, you'll be quicker off with the nested family. Saves you from creating all those tiny walls and painting materials...
                    Martijn de Riet
                    MdR Advies

Comment