Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glass rods

Hello

I'm trying to make windows with glass rods that can by different by panel (2 rods or 3 rods horizontal)
    Ive got a nestel panel with these rods inside a window family but when i change the number of rods it will change everywhere the same

Can somebody please help me?

I've attached a picture form the family with highlighted the panel

Thank you!

Nico
    Attached Files

Type parameters affect every instance of that type. Instance parameters allow each instance to differ regardless of type.

That is, change your parameter to instance to allow each placed family to differ from the next
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Thanks but ive already made the rodes in the panel parameter set on instance (see attachment)
      But then in the properties panel it is greyed out.

I've also attached the panel with the rods
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm guessing you need to make 2 panel types, one with 2 and one with 3 rodes and add a type parameter in your window family.
        This is better for documentation as well.
        Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
        Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

Originally posted by Nico View Post
          Thanks but ive already made the rodes in the panel parameter set on instance (see attachment)
          But then in the properties panel it is greyed out.

I've also attached the panel with the rods
          Parameters are greyed out because you have selected nested family inside a window family. You need to create instance parameters in a host family that will drive numer of rods in a nested family and tie nested family's parameters to them, then in a project select a host family and change value of it's instance parameters.
          Revit add-ins: Purger (delete UNUSED and selected line patterns & line styles, find & delete CAD), Rooms To Spaces, Schedule Utilities (Calculated Values/Combined Parameters To Tags, reuse view filter rules in schedule filters), View Filter Manager (with bunch of other features) at Revit Exchange Apps, View Filter Manager ML

Comment

Thank you much!
            But how can i tie the nested family parameters to parameters in the host family?

Comment

In a host family select a nested family and in PP, click the small buton on the right of a given parameter's name then select a parameter in a host family that will drive a parameter in a nested family.
              Revit add-ins: Purger (delete UNUSED and selected line patterns & line styles, find & delete CAD), Rooms To Spaces, Schedule Utilities (Calculated Values/Combined Parameters To Tags, reuse view filter rules in schedule filters), View Filter Manager (with bunch of other features) at Revit Exchange Apps, View Filter Manager ML

Comment

Thank you so much! This seems to work!

Comment