Overlayed revit to revit LT 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overlayed revit to revit LT 2017

In manage link I have got a revit file-Reference Type Overlay at Ground Floor Level:
    I can not see all walls at Ground Floor Level(my floor plan in a project), part of the walls have disappeared, part of the walls are shown;
    In VG walls are ticked (active);
    View Range Ground Floor -bottom offset : 0
    Ground Floor cut plane : 1200
    Ground Floor top : 2300
    view depth level Ground Floor
    Underlay Range Base Level Ground Floor
    Top Level First Floor
    Underlay Orientation look down or up
    Underlay Range Base Level : None
    Also,when I create a section,just part of the wall is not shown.

AND A PART OF WALLS ARE MISSING/NOT SHOWN

What else Am I missing?Any ideas?
    Last edited by peterweaver; August 23, 2017, 07:01 PM.

Create a section and make sure the linked file's levels are at the same level as your ground floor level.

Might also select the linked model and look at the phasing settings in the properties window to make sure the phasing matches up, if any.
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

A structural plan view will turn off all walls that are not load bearing (structural)...assuming this is happening in a view assigned to discipline Structural.

Comment

Thanks for your response.
        When a structural plan view will turn off all walls that are not a load bearing(structural).-what do I have to do, if I want to see all walls overlaid in manage link?

Comment

Originally posted by peterweaver
          ...what do I have to do, if I want to see all walls overlaid in manage link?...
          The view (any view) itself needs to be assigned to either Architectural or Coordination for the Discipline parameter. Structural Discipline overrides the appearance of elements as a feature of structural documentation habits and preferences (right or wrong).

If you are using the By Linked View feature then you'll need to make sure the linked file has some appropriate views available for you to choose from.

Comment

Yes, I use Revit Links in VG Tab. I still do not understand, how does it work? I can not see a part of the walls at Ground Floor, but at Lower Ground Floor I can see them from a linked revit file.

Comment

It may not be the Discipline at all. Have you taken care to match Levels between models? If yours are not in sync then you may be seeing their model differently, vertically.

It may help to run down THIS LIST for possible clues and issues to resolve it.
              Last edited by Steve_Stafford; August 23, 2017, 10:54 PM.

Comment