Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Type Catalogue

Hi All,

This is half a Revit question and half a company standards question...

How do you guys (or your companies) split your different door 'styles' into designated types?

The company I'm at currently uses letters to define between different doors - for example:
    Da = single steel door
    Db = single steel with vision panel
    De = Double steel door
    Dr = Single timber door

I'm trying to sort this out, but the possibilities seem endless so I was wondering what other people think works best with Revit.

I made the attached graphic last year to try and explain the problem to people here, but nothing much came of it...

Any input would be really appreciated :thumbsup:
    Attached Files

I dont really have a fixed code for a door type, codes confuse me most of the time and I need a piece of paper to figure out which code is which door, I just named the families what they are, something like:

door_wood
    door_steel
    door_wood_1 vision panel
    door_wood_2 vision panel
    door_wood_top panel
    etc.

Then I have types with different sizes and infills. So the door_wood can have different types:

930 (60min)
    930 (60min, self closing)
    930 (60min, self closing, sill)
    1630_double
    etc.

I can add to these if needed, with different sizes or infills along the way.
    Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
    Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

Thanks Robin.

So in your example, when you are asked for a door schedule do you not associate a 'Type Mark' to these doors?

I'm essentially trying to work out how people keep an organized and logical door type catalogue regarding Revit scheduling and Family management.

Comment

I dont use door types at all. All instance parameters, no single code designation.

You look at the door schedule and it tells you what each door has.

Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

Aaron Maller
        Director
        Parallax Team, Inc.
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by Grumple View Post
          Thanks Robin.

So in your example, when you are asked for a door schedule do you not associate a 'Type Mark' to these doors?

I'm essentially trying to work out how people keep an organized and logical door type catalogue regarding Revit scheduling and Family management.
          I do, but those are usually just incremental codes (1,2,3, A,B,C, D01, D02 etc.) depending on the project and needs. So door D01 in one project can be a very different one then D01 in another project. Those numbers I usually add in the door schedule when all is done, start from the top and just number down.
          Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
          Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment