Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realistic Visual Style

Could you please advise me,
    I have prepared a ground beam and in a Visual Style Realistic I can not see a family component, as per chosen material(concrete) in my project.
    I can see it in family(concrete), but when I download it into a project-it becomes grey.
    Any ideas, how to sort it out?
    Cheers

In your family, there should be a material applied to the model geometry. In the project, you have to find that same material name and assign the same material attributes to it.

Or, give the model geometry a Material parameter, and then in the project choose what material you want it to be.

Comment

In family I have chosen a material, but when I go into my project in a Realistic View I can not see a chosen material(concrete).
      How can I choose a material in my project, where an object is loaded into a project from family?
      Is it something in VG?

Comment

Do you have a parameter applied to the element? If you don't you can't modify your material assignment in the project. Also, if the material is named the same as one in the project the one in the project will govern, so if you have a pattern in the family for "Concrete" but not for the Project "Concrete" you won't see a pattern in the project.
        Julie Kidder
        Architect + BIM Director
        Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

Yes, I have got a parameters applied to the element. Yes, I have got a pattern concrete in the family. In the project I can see a concreter pattern in Visual Style:Shaded, Consistent Colors,Hidden Line, but in a Realistic view I can not see a concrete pattern.
          What do I have to do in project , If I want to see a concrete in a Realistic View ? Is it something in VG?

Comment

Ah - when viewing in realistic mode you need to adjust the appearance asset, as that is what will be used to display the element. Edit the concrete material, and on the appearance tab adjust, swap or duplicate the asset as needed to display as you want. Assets can be used in multiple materials, so make sure you don't change materials you don't want to! You'll likely want to use an image of concrete.
            Julie Kidder
            Architect + BIM Director
            Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

Thanks for your tips

Comment