Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Room Data Sheets

Hi All,

I've been tasked with creating some room data sheets, and was wondering how you all go about building yours.

Because everything on the sheet needs to be about a specific room - I'm finding that the only way to get a full schedule of finishes, fixtures, mechanical, electrical, etc... is to create MANY project parameters linked to the Room category.

This seems like a fairly backwards way of working with Revit, but I'm not sure how else to produce what they're after (very partial WIP attached)...

Additionally, is there any way that an 'intelligent' titleblock could be made, so that when you change or enter a parameter ('Room number'), all of the schedules would populate with the correct room information? Is this something Dynamo could be used for?

Any guidance would be great! :thumbsup:
    Attached Files

it's a little older but should still be valid: https://www.revitforum.org/blog-feed...d-already.html Look for the RTCNA- God is in the Data section. Data set link is currently broken but I'm sure Aaron could be convinced to fix it
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by cellophane View Post
      it's a little older but should still be valid: https://www.revitforum.org/blog-feed...d-already.html Look for the RTCNA- God is in the Data section. Data set link is currently broken but I'm sure Aaron could be convinced to fix it
      Interesting that the dataset link is broken... I may have to look in to that. (Not in the office right now, so i cant look right this minute).

Whats funny, is the NEW versions of those Room Data Sheets work even better since i rebuilt them at Parallax Team.
      Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
      @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by Grumple View Post
        Hi All,

I've been tasked with creating some room data sheets, and was wondering how you all go about building yours.

Because everything on the sheet needs to be about a specific room - I'm finding that the only way to get a full schedule of finishes, fixtures, mechanical, electrical, etc... is to create MANY project parameters linked to the Room category.

This seems like a fairly backwards way of working with Revit, but I'm not sure how else to produce what they're after (very partial WIP attached)...

Additionally, is there any way that an 'intelligent' titleblock could be made, so that when you change or enter a parameter ('Room number'), all of the schedules would populate with the correct room information? Is this something Dynamo could be used for?

Any guidance would be great! :thumbsup:
        I personally use mailmerge (I think that is what Aaron's data set is all about) create a schedule, export to excel and the use MM to create data sheets.

Also, have a look at "room book" for Revit. That might help too.
        Andrew Harp
        BIM Manager GHD
        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.
        If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.

Comment

Originally posted by cellophane View Post
          Thanks for this - however I can't find the actual workflow that is being talked about

Also blocked from blog sites at work...
          Last edited by Grumple; August 17, 2017, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Hmph. Ironically, i hedged at reposting the dataset, since my NEW templates (that use the same methodology, but all new parameters, new schedules, new exports, and new Excel and Word templates) look MUCH nicer. But, i didnt want to remake all of the materials. So, here is the data set from 2014 at RTC:

https://parallaxteam-my.sharepoint.c...CSNsbCeU6izcRE

Pics of the new ones are attached. Very similar to the ones in the handout. But i tidied up a bunch of goofiness in the Excel documents.
            Attached Files
            Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation

Comment

Whoops. That FFE image is a terrible once, since that chair isnt reporting a Room. Here is a better example.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Aaron :thumbsup:

I'll have a good rummage around all this over the next week and see if I can work it out.

Comment

Aaron - Is the actual method/process that you are using anywhere?

Really not sure what to do with the example files in your download

Comment

Well... Those are the datasets to an actual lecture that took place at RTC NA 2014 (now called BILT NA). SO it might have made more sense if you had seen the lecture. Essentially the entire process is:

1. Create the large schedule in Revit and fill it out.
                    2. Have images saved in specific folder and named correctly.
                    3. Export the large schedule.
                    4. Import it in to the first tab of the excel spreadsheet.
                    5. Refresh data.
                    6. Open Mail Merge Template.
                    7. Edit recipient list of Mail Merge.
                    8. Run.
                    9. Find and replace to delete Error where no pictures exist.

I know that wont be super helpful, but unfortunately i cant take the time to walk through setting up those templates right now. There is a LOT of explanation that needs to go in there.

EDIT: I know a few other folks here have used the same (or similar) process. One of them might be able to jump in and give a more detailed explanation of actually setting up the excel file. For what its worth, your excel file can be WAY simpler, if you dont want the table of counts in the middle of the pages. MOST of the complexities in my datasets surround generating that table.
                    Last edited by Twiceroadsfool; August 18, 2017, 04:04 PM.

Comment