Mullion profile troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mullion profile troubles

I am trying to use a profile for a curtain wall mullion. I've made a new "mullion" profile, loaded it into a curtain wall mullion type...but when I use it, the profile only works on 2 sides of 4 sides of a panel. Two of the mullions are oriented perfectly, and 2 mullions are "oriented" the wrong way by 180 degrees. Any ideas? Oh, and the mullion is not like a rectangular mullion, it is channel shaped like a "U"; the channel follows the panel edge correctly for 2 sides of the system panel but is flipped 180 degrees for the other two. I realize if this was just a rectangle, then "top or bottom" would be irrelevant.. Any ideas would be appreciated...cheers, headed to a nice healthy sized Margarita!
    Last edited by DesignApparatus; July 29, 2017, 01:07 AM. Reason: Didn't finish post

Originally posted by DesignApparatus View Post
    I am trying to use a profile for a curtain wall mullion. I've made a new "mullion" profile, loaded it into a curtain wall mullion type...but when I use it, the profile only works on 2 sides of 4 sides of a panel. Two of the mullions are oriented perfectly, and 2 mullions are "oriented" the wrong way by 180 degrees. Any ideas? Oh, and the mullion is not like a rectangular mullion, it is channel shaped like a "U"; the channel follows the panel edge correctly for 2 sides of the system panel but is flipped 180 degrees for the other two. I realize if this was just a rectangle, then "top or bottom" would be irrelevant.. Any ideas would be appreciated...cheers, headed to a nice healthy sized Margarita!
    I'm on my way to Margaritaville also. My first thought is: I always create curtain wall mullion profiles as Left Jamb/Head and Right Jamb/Sill with one a mirror image of the other. Try that, hopefully that will fix your issue
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment