Stacking fractions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stacking fractions

I had a contractor dump on me yesterday when he was in a complaint mood. One of the things about my drawings that "caused him issues" was how fractions are displayed in dimensions. He said he and just about everyone else on the job site couldn't easily tell what was inches vs a fraction in certain combinations. Such as 2-1 11/16. I know this was raised as an issue some time ago asking if stacked fractions were possible, and the response was that is was hard coded. Anybody run across this as an "issue" or any thoughts on tweaking something? The font itself doesn't seem to make any difference.

Thanks.

(Ignore the fact that 1/16" doesn't belong on anything wood framed...)
    Fred Blome
    Residential Architect

And BTW, this is in the Bay Area of California, where we're seeing increasing arrogance and decreasing intelligence on job sites due to the current employment levels.
    Fred Blome
    Residential Architect

Comment

Originally posted by FBlome View Post
      And BTW, this is in the Bay Area of California, where we're seeing increasing arrogance and decreasing intelligence on job sites due to the current employment levels.
      LOL! "arrogance and decreasing intelligence": this isn't something new. I've been working on construction projects in the bay area for almost 50 years and it's just a new crop of idiots every year or so. I deal with Owners, Architects, Contractors, and various subcontractors and material suppliers. On every project there are a core group of people who know what's going on but 75% of those involved are more worried about "when's Friday" than getting a job done. Sad that this 75% even gets paid for what they do...
      I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Dave - Yes, same old cycle. After the last recession, once we finally got back to work, it was refreshing. Everyone doing their best to keep everyone happy. That was part of his rant yesterday. He said the tile crew is giving him attitude lately, even the guys laying for one season. His bottom line to me was actually a request to document even the things he ought to be coordinating the field because the arrogant ones aren't asking questions anymore.
        Fred Blome
        Residential Architect

Comment

My thoughts towards guys like this are "suck it up and move on". My dimensions are the way they are (one line, not stacked, because Revit of course), but they still convey the correct information. If you screw it up, you tear it out and do it again. Not my problem.

Comment

Huh! That's odd. I haven't heard any of our European finds chime in on this convo.
            Wonder why?:hide:
            Dave Plumb
            BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

They have a phobia of fractions. :laugh:

Comment