Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

export ifc from parts created from linked file elements

Hello,
    I need to deliver an .ifc file to our formwork planner. I just discovered that the built-in Revit ifc exporter does not work for my models in the way I normally handle them.

I have a linked model (very common, pretty simple model). I have generated parts out of the model and subdivided those parts. I almost only skipped columns for subdivision, but even so, I created parts of them. I filled out some project parameters for parts for those parts.

Now I need an ifc from this model. I had the "export parts" option turned on. I tried with and without parameters, boundaries, information, types and "export referenced files as separate ifc". This last referenced file in fact worked ok when I chose to export it, but I still do not get the parts and therefore their subdivision with the parts IDs and the information I have in Revit.
    When exporting to Synchro as spx it works fine, as well as when exporting to dwf.
    But they need ifc, and I need to rescue all the work we already put in.

I'm using Revit 2017, but additionally tried on 2015 today... I was so sure this had worked before, but I might be wrong.

Please, can anyone help me? I so hope I'm not the first one dealing with this...
    Sandra

Have you tried using the "Alternate UI" available from the app store:
    https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Det...ng=en&os=Win64

I believe the method is within the alternate UI you choose a 3d view that has "Show Parts" on and you go from there...fiddling may be necessary!
    Alex Page
    RevitWorks Ltd
    Check out our Door Factory, the door maker add-in for Revit

Comment

I can't find much I can change about this with the Alternate UI... any tip?
      Attached Files
      Sandra

Comment

Hello,

Did you also see this page?
        https://sourceforge.net/p/ifcexporte...rting%20Parts/

Comment

I did... and I'd tried both... but they aren't working...
          This looks like a bug :-(

And the workaround is terrible: I'm now exporting directly to Synchro and generating an ifc from there now... but that ifc is pretty useless, since it triangulates the geometries and not really creates the ObjectTypes so that another Software (AutoCAD based) can import it and continue working on it after.
          Sandra

Comment

Hi Alex,
            thank you! I tried them, and despite the fiddling I still haven't found a way to solve this.
            Exporting parts from "normal" files never has been a problem... but it seems that there is a bug in the exporter for the parts of linked objects :-(
            Sandra

Comment