Curtain Wall System Panel Color Override

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curtain Wall System Panel Color Override

My System Panel "Glazed" material is not following the material color....it follows the material pattern, but there seems to be an override in a not so obvious location that is driving the color.

I can easily override it with view specific graphic overrides, but I really need to control it by the material as there are several other objects assigned to the same material.

I've tried Object Styles under the Manage tab....thinking I'm close, but I do not see a color override for the surface pattern.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by Warp Drive View Post
    My System Panel "Glazed" material is not following the material color....it follows the material pattern, but there seems to be an override in a not so obvious location that is driving the color.

I can easily override it with view specific graphic overrides, but I really need to control it by the material as there are several other objects assigned to the same material.

I've tried Object Styles under the Manage tab....thinking I'm close, but I do not see a color override for the surface pattern.

Any ideas?
    I don't understand this "but I really need to control it by the material as there are several other objects assigned to the same material". If you need to control the surface pattern color of a certain curtain panel why not just make a new type and set your material settings on that type? Or, am I not understanding the issue??
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
      I don't understand this "but I really need to control it by the material as there are several other objects assigned to the same material". If you need to control the surface pattern color of a certain curtain panel why not just make a new type and set your material settings on that type? Or, am I not understanding the issue??
      There are over 16,000 similar curtain panels in the model at the moment. I'd like to be able to color them all at one time by changing the pattern color.

I could select all instances and override the color with the "override graphics in view", but I'd rather not have to do that for 16 views we have. I tried to override it in the view template, but the overrides are grayed out.

I'm thinking its being controlled by something similar a project specific object style override...but I'm not seeing anything like that in the manage tab.

I actually did try to swap panels, but when I do, all of the doors swap out also.

The strange thing is that the door color, which is assigned the same material, changes just fine.

The model is about 90% complete and now I've been "invited" to do a little trouble shooting. Half the people that started the model a year ago are no longer with the firm...
      Last edited by Warp Drive; July 22, 2017, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Well, I'm out of town until Tues and don't have Revit with me but I will say that my current project has over 60,000 curtain panels and there are22 different glass types all with different surface patterns and colors. I have over 300 curtain wall doors and their various finishes have nothing to do with curtain panel finishes or surface patterns. So something that you are doing is wonky. If you don't get a resolution by Tues I'll dive in and try to see what's up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Dave! Your response got me thinking a little harder about the override....It turned out that it was an object style override....I just didn't have the dialog box open far enough to the right (the first time I looked) to see that someone had assigned a material to the curtain panel glass. Once I removed that override, all panels were controlled by the material assigned to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Warp Drive View Post
            Thanks Dave! Your response got me thinking a little harder about the override....It turned out that it was an object style override....I just didn't have the dialog box open far enough to the right (the first time I looked) to see that someone had assigned a material to the curtain panel glass. Once I removed that override, all panels were controlled by the material assigned to them.
            Hey WD! glad you got it worked out!!

Comment