Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revit 2018, Windows 10 Home 64. Will it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit 2018, Windows 10 Home 64. Will it work?

Hi all,

I've looked up the system requirements for both the 2017 and 2018 versions of revit. From what's listed it's saying it'll work with windows 10 pro and enterprise. However I was wondering if anybody knows does that mean to the exclusion of windows 10 home 64?
    Attached Files

Believe it is because 10 Home cannot connect to network domains.
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by Usernumerouno View Post
      Hi all,

I've looked up the system requirements for both the 2017 and 2018 versions of revit. From what's listed it's saying it'll work with windows 10 pro and enterprise. However I was wondering if anybody knows does that mean to the exclusion of windows 10 home 64?
      I've had Revit 2018 running perfectly well on Windows 10 home.
      Bear in mind that I'm running it in my home office, so can't say whether there is any network related issues to running it.

Comment

It will work. Proof.
        Attached Files

Comment

Revit will run fine, and as long as your network is a peer to peer network you'll have no network issues either. Been running Revit on Windows 7 & 10 Home for years, with a Workgroup and a NAS. Being on a domain is really just about authentication and management. From Revit's standpoint a domain based network and a workgroup based network are identical. Once you are on the network. And Win# Home can't join a domain based network at all.
          Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

thanks for the info!
            Originally posted by Gordon Price View Post
            Revit will run fine, and as long as your network is a peer to peer network you'll have no network issues either. Been running Revit on Windows 7 & 10 Home for years, with a Workgroup and a NAS. Being on a domain is really just about authentication and management. From Revit's standpoint a domain based network and a workgroup based network are identical. Once you are on the network. And Win# Home can't join a domain based network at all.

Comment