Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move element to different location on new Phase

Hello everyone

I was wondering which is the most appropriate way to relocate an object in a new phase. There are some modifications we have to do in a toilet and the Hot Water Unit needs to be relocated. I can set the current HWU to be demolished and create a new element in the new Phase but I am not sure if that will mess up the quantities, schedules, element IDs, etc.

Attached Files

To see it in both phases demolish and recreate, then add a comment or other information to define that it is relocated, not new. Revit can't track position of a single element. They will have different id's.
    Julie Kidder
    Architect + BIM Director
    Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

Originally posted by jmk View Post
      To see it in both phases demolish and recreate, then add a comment or other information to define that it is relocated, not new. Revit can't track position of a single element. They will have different id's.
      Hmmm... maybe that's a feature Autodesk could add. OK, if it is not possible then the only option is to re-create it. Thanks.

Comment

As far as schedules and quantities (which would be pulled from the schedule?), the phase for the schedule should give the correct count...thinking out loud here.

Comment

Just demolish and recreate. Include a note that it's relocated. In your schedule(s) for new objects, include the Comment field that calls it out as existing relocated. That's always worked fine for us. Everything still gets built properly. No need to overthink it.

Given that everything in Revit is ID-based, and every object ID exists in only one place in space on a given phase, it's unlikely that they would allow objects with the same ID to move position between phases. I would expect that to be a bit of a programming nightmare.

Comment