Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with this text, thought it was supposed to match ACAD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up with this text, thought it was supposed to match ACAD?

I thought the text changes in 2017 were supposed to make it match AutoCAD. Does it not? I have a linked DWG where a block of text notes look horrible compared to the actual DWG opened in ACAD. What's the deal?
    Attached Files

Were linked imports included in the text changes? In 2017 labels weren't, it only applied to text boxes.
    Julie Kidder
    Architect + BIM Director
    Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

Right but I thought the whole reason for the text changes was to make Revit match the way text is handled in AutoCAD. So why wouldn't text in a linked CAD file show up the same way in Revit as it does in AutoCAD? It's pretty frustrating, and once again it could be solved by simply allowing a vector-based PDF to be placed or imported natively into Revit. Making a raster image from a vector PDF produces less than desirable results.

I'm just trying to place a civil survey into one of our sheets as a reference.

Comment

I remember the goal being to align it with the standard for how programs handle text. I don't know if CAD already followed that standard.
        Julie Kidder
        Architect + BIM Director
        Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
          Right but I thought the whole reason for the text changes was to make Revit match the way text is handled in AutoCAD. So why wouldn't text in a linked CAD file show up the same way in Revit as it does in AutoCAD? It's pretty frustrating, and once again it could be solved by simply allowing a vector-based PDF to be placed or imported natively into Revit. Making a raster image from a vector PDF produces less than desirable results.

I'm just trying to place a civil survey into one of our sheets as a reference.
          Its not a Text Object, is the point JMK is making. In 2017 the only items that were changed were "text created with the text tool." In 2018, "text within tags and other annotations," were changed, and they were changed to match industry standards of text height measurement.

I dont know how text is displayed when its linked in through a CAD file, but its always looked strange in that circumstance. Text in a CAD file has never looked good... Shouldnt be a surprise.
          Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
          @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
            Its not a Text Object, is the point JMK is making. In 2017 the only items that were changed were "text created with the text tool." In 2018, "text within tags and other annotations," were changed, and they were changed to match industry standards of text height measurement.
            Oh man, I guess we're still in for a world of hurt when we make the switch to 2018. We just now started using 2017 earlier this year because I put off dealing with the text issues.

Comment

If you have put off upgrading because of the text issues, I would go straight to 2018 now. There is zero incentive to fix things for 2017 and then have to do it again for 2018 at this point.

Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

Aaron Maller
              Director
              Parallax Team, Inc.
              Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation

Comment

I was planning on waiting until later this year so I didn't have 2017 and 2018 upgrades right next to each other, as it was kind of a pain around the office doing the 2017 upgrade. Plus I wanted to be sure there were plenty of 2018 updates and bug fixes released before going to it.

Comment

To each their own.

Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

Aaron Maller
                  Director
                  Parallax Team, Inc.

Comment