Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Library Folder Structure when Superseding Libraries

Hi,
    I have realised we have probably not managed our library as well as we should in regards to upgrading it (and super seed the old) when upgrading to a new version.
    We have a folder structure where we for every new version of Revit make a new folder where we copy and update the families – and reload them into the Template file.
    Is this the preferred way of keeping your Library OR are you better of having a Main Library folder that is updated for each Revit version and then have a Superseded folder for previous version.

Option 1
    Library

OR
    Option 2
    Library Current
    - Files and Folders
    Library OLD

Thanks
    JH

First version. Second version has all kinds of problems. Wouldn't even try it.

Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

Aaron Maller
    Director
    Parallax Team, Inc.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

OK – Thanks

We seems to always end with a lot of duplicates of detail components.
      Maybe I am overcomplicating my thinking here…..for example if I created a nested DC when working in the folder 2017 ie I load all the required DC’s from within the folder 2017.
      When I later update the library and copy this family to the 2018 folder – will Revit ‘think’ that this is a new family (and its nested DC’s) as it is loaded from a new location? -> And this might cause some of the duplicated DC’s?

I hope it make sense ��
      JH

Comment

Revit won't auto duplicate anything. You should WANT the nested DC's to be duplicated. And you should reload them in to your 2018 DC, also.

Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

Aaron Maller
        Director
        Parallax Team, Inc.
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment