Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dormer roof - opening

Hello

I've created a dormer on a roof (roof of dormer is joined with main roof)
    After that made a opening using "roof opening cut:dormer opening"

As you can see the connection above is not right (between dormerroof and main roof). I want this connection to be flat (same height as dormer)

Hope someone can help me out with this

Thanks

Kind regards

Nico
    Attached Files

Does your dormer roof sketch look like pic 1, …and you used join geometry tool rather than join roof tool? If that’s the case, when sketching the dormer opening, pick upper edges of the roof. Picking lower edges will give the results as shown on your screenshot.

Alternatively, sketch your roof as per pic 2, use join roof tool (not join geometry tool) and then use dormer opening tool - pick walls and entire dormer roof.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PijPiwo View Post
      Does your dormer roof sketch look like pic 1, …and you used join geometry tool rather than join roof tool? If that’s the case, when sketching the dormer opening, pick upper edges of the roof. Picking lower edges will give the results as shown on your screenshot.

Alternatively, sketch your roof as per pic 2, use join roof tool (not join geometry tool) and then use dormer opening tool - pick walls and entire dormer roof.
      This is correct. The Dormer Opening is a special opening tool that makes the opening cut vertical around the walls, and horizontal through the main roof. But it has to be a roof joined using the Roof Join tool, not a roof sketched in the actual shape of the dormer roof footprint. It has to be a joined roof for Revit to know how to make the dormer opening cut.

Comment