Revit does not show loaded family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit does not show loaded family

I am using Revit 2017 and working on fairly large family (more than 10mb) which is a truss type structure. From family to project, I could load into the folder but from folder to project plan, elevation or any view it won't allow. I checked with mock-up( smaller size) to load in the same way, it was successful. I had increased the RAM to 32GB, but still the same result. Does anyone had the same experience and resolved?

Originally posted by yasuooda View Post
    I am using Revit 2017 and working on fairly large family (more than 10mb) which is a truss type structure. From family to project, I could load into the folder but from folder to project plan, elevation or any view it won't allow. I checked with mock-up( smaller size) to load in the same way, it was successful. I had increased the RAM to 32GB, but still the same result. Does anyone had the same experience and resolved?
    what do you mean by "load into folder"? In Revit a family is loaded into a project and it is then located in the Project Browser based on what category the family is...From there you use Create an Instance to place the family. Certain categories can't be placed in certain views.
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
      what do you mean by "load into folder"? In Revit a family is loaded into a project and it is then located in the Project Browser based on what category the family is...From there you use Create an Instance to place the family. Certain categories can't be placed in certain views.
      Thank you David, Wrong term I used. I could load big file family under Mass category can be loaded into project. I can see the instance in the mass family in the project browser. When I crick the name of the mass (Pavilion I named) thumb nail shows up. So it is sure the the family is loaded. But When I bring the instance to lets say level 1, it keeps regenerating and never stop.

If I try to load small family it should not have problems. (mass is visible by the way) It think this is associated with the same of the family.

Comment

Originally posted by yasuooda View Post
        Thank you David, Wrong term I used. I could load big file family under Mass category can be loaded into project. I can see the instance in the mass family in the project browser. When I crick the name of the mass (Pavilion I named) thumb nail shows up. So it is sure the the family is loaded. But When I bring the instance to lets say level 1, it keeps regenerating and never stop.

If I try to load small family it should not have problems. (mass is visible by the way) It think this is associated with the same of the family.
        can't help I'm afraid as I've never had to deal with a mass family that large
        I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
          can't help I'm afraid as I've never had to deal with a mass family that large
          Dave,

After hours of attempt by Revit to locate instance in the view, it finally showed up. But somehow 4 of them in slightly different locations. I have deleted 3 and working on one now. Revit was warning like "over 10MB family will slow you down" and my family file is about 18 MB after simplified the design (it was over 60MB before). Since my RAM is now 32GB, it does not seem to be a RAM issue, it looks like Revit's internal one which I think only programmer can resolve in a future version.

Anyway it still has some minor quirky things that has to be resolved, fundamental issues were resolved.

Thank you for your advice!

Comment