Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Model In-Place can join but can't cut Generic Families?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Model In-Place can join but can't cut Generic Families?

We sometimes use a model in-place elements to add geometry that doesn't make sense to do in the family, for instance I want to span a void across two joined generic families.

I figured I could just use a model-in place which works perfectly for joining solids but not cutting voids, which seems silly. Am I just missing something obvious? even in edit mode it cuts fine but then I receive this error before finishing the model in-place family.

Capture1.PNG

Youre going to hate me for saying this, but:

Paneling for Architectural Interiors? Not a single piece fo that should be an in-place family. Think through your wall types, and one or two well made generic models with instance parameters for sizes, and a couple of voids and sweeps, and youll be WAY farther ahead than In Place Family is getting you.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Ahh just made a generic void family and it works like a charm...why didnt i think of that?

time to drink a beer, thanks Aaron :beer: p.s where is the american flag emoji?

Comment

I think soon we required another one forum, that how to use Revit forum. Since I don't know how to hyperlink a image in this form.
        Last edited by Dhilip; July 4, 2017, 09:02 AM.
        Dhilip Seshan
        +91 8124181665
        www.dhilipseshan.n.nu

Comment

Originally posted by Dhilip View Post
          I think soon we required another one forum, that how to use Revit forum. Since I don't know how to hyperlink a image in this form.
          What do you mean? if you hit in the add image button doesn't work?, see image

Attached Files
          Last edited by Andres Franco; July 4, 2017, 12:07 PM.
          Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
          Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
          "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
          E.A Poe

Comment

hmmmm ok thank you, I got it.
            Dhilip Seshan
            +91 8124181665
            www.dhilipseshan.n.nu

Comment