Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Curtain Wall Border Mullions Not Joining

Hey guys,

I'm currently trying to create a curtain wall on a staircase and have fell into many problems which I've now hopefully ironed most out of.

The steps I have created getting to where I am is as follows:

Created empty curtain wall
    Created curtain wall grid
    Placed vertical mullions over the grid
    Placed the mullions on the top and base of wall as using the properties caused issues

Now all I am faced with is the problem of a gap shown in the attached images (one on each side).

Any thoughts on how to get rid of it?

Thanks,
    Karl
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Kawlos View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm currently trying to create a curtain wall on a staircase and have fell into many problems which I've now hopefully ironed most out of.

The steps I have created getting to where I am is as follows:

Created empty curtain wall
    Created curtain wall grid
    Placed vertical mullions over the grid
    Placed the mullions on the top and base of wall as using the properties caused issues

Now all I am faced with is the problem of a gap shown in the attached images (one on each side).

Any thoughts on how to get rid of it?

Thanks,
    Karl
    welcome to the idiosyncrasies of Revit curtain walls. I run into this all day everyday as a curtain wall detailer. The short answer is: there is no way to fix this. Revit doesn't understand the proper joinery at vertical to horizontal conditions when those verticals and/or horizontals are not horizontal or vertical. I used to "fix" it in the elevation view with a combination of masking and filled regions. Now, I don't bother in elevations anymore. Sometimes I'll do a blow up drafting view detail to show the proper joinery if I think that it would be required for whomever is going to do the fabrication but, usually not. So, happy Sunday, kick back, enjoy your day, and don't stress about something that no one cares about but you

Here's my Revit curtain wall idiosyncrasy for today
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Ahhh, I see. How irritating.

Will bear that in mind though - Thanks for the detailed explanation, screenshot and reassurance. Very helpful.

Comment