New Area Scheme Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Area Scheme Question

I have several Area Plans that I have used to create BOMA diagrams. I used a common Area Scheme for all these plans... set up the view ranges / visibility settings to match the floor plans, and defined the area boundaries and placed areas. Now the client wants us to create a new set of diagrams using a different BOMA method.... essentially I need a copy of all the area plans I just made and redefine my boundaries in a slightly different way.
    I have created a new Area Scheme for the new area plans My question is... Is there a way to copy all my existing area plans and change the Area Scheme within the copied area plan? Or do I have to create the new plans from scratch? I'm trying to avoid the touble of having to copy-paste all my area boundaries and areas into the new plans. I'd much rather just copy the area plans I have, switch the Area Scheme, and modify the existing boundaries. Is there a way to do this?
    Thanks for any help you can offer.

In my experience I have had to copy and paste. If you duplicate an Area plan it retains all of the information as the previous plan and any changes made to it change the plan you duplicated. You would have to create a new Area Plan with the new scheme and then paste the area separation lines / area.

If there is a better way to do this I would like to know as well.
    Denis Pohlman, AIA, NCARB, WELL AP, CPHC
    Architect + BIM Coordinator
    Kahler Slater, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by dtp81390 View Post
      In my experience I have had to copy and paste. If you duplicate an Area plan it retains all of the information as the previous plan and any changes made to it change the plan you duplicated. You would have to create a new Area Plan with the new scheme and then paste the area separation lines / area.

If there is a better way to do this I would like to know as well.
      OK, thanks. I posted this on Revit City as well... no luck. Like you said, it seems that once an area scheme is tied to an area plan, it cannot be redefined (it has to be set when the plan is created)

Comment