Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interface

Help! I don’t know if I clicked something or received an update but I seem to have changed the interface in Revit for something I do not like. If you look at the images below all should be clear.
    I know the new interface is much simpler but I do not like it. How do I go back to the old interface?
    Attached Files

Click the button shown below a few times.

Attached Files
    Thomas N Fuller II

LinkedIn

Comment

Thanks for quick reply!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I really wish Autodesk would get rid of the button.
        Or, more accurately, that behavior.
        I teach a Revit Beginners class, and I don't think I've EVER had a class where no one accidentally did that.
        I always tell people the only reason to click on that button is to set your Ribbon back to normal after you clicked on that button my mistake.

But: Recently I figured out that it's not just clicking on that tiny button that changes the Ribbon.
        After years of wondering how people hit that button by accident to often, I found out that if you double-click in the gray part of the Tabs (anywhere to the right of "Modify"), your Panel Tile will minimize.
        RibbonPanels.PNG
        Keep double-clicking there and you will eventually cycle back to where you want it.
        That's a behavior that belongs in Options, not somewhere you can easily do it by mistake.
        Dave Plumb
        BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

For what its worth, i asked Autodesk Development about it once. They explained to me that the "Ribbon Controls" are something given to them (by Microsoft, i think?, but maybe from somewhere else in Adsk?) and that its part of the control they inherited, so they cant take it off.

Didnt make me feel any better, but... yeah.
          Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
          @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
            For what its worth, i asked Autodesk Development about it once. They explained to me that the "Ribbon Controls" are something given to them (by Microsoft, i think?, but maybe from somewhere else in Adsk?) and that its part of the control they inherited, so they cant take it off.

Didnt make me feel any better, but... yeah.
            There are several things like that between Windows & other programs. The one that really threw me for a loop is that the File Open & Save dialogs have to be written by the program developers, there isn't a default interface that can be used, which is why the dialogs look so different in different apps... :banghead:
            Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
            BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

I'd believe that if that's how Office worked but (unless Microsoft didn't follow their own standards ) it isn't.
              If you double-click in Word, it maximizes the Window. Doesn't jack with the panels at all.
              Dave Plumb
              BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

I cant say for sure, but i think it USED to have a button like that. I could be completely wrong, though. Anyone still have like... Office 2003 installed? LOL
                Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

You are lucky you don't work on a Surface. Those things have all kinds of unpredictable graphic behavior for working in tablet mode. It especially affects MS Office. It took me quite a while to track that one down.

Comment