Material Browser Preview Appearance Scene Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Material Browser Preview Appearance Scene Default

My name is Rob and I'm a 30+ year user of AutoCAD, and have transitioned to Revit almost exclusively over the past year. Currently using Revit 2017. I've got a hundred questions, but this ones regarding the default preview format for the Materials Browser. My eyesight is limited, and this change, although small, enables me to see the materials much clearer.

In the Materials Browser, on the right hand side, are the menu controls for whatever material is selected. These are contained under 3 separate tabs - Identity, Graphics, and Appearance. If you select the Appearance tab, it presents visual info pertaining to the selected material. At the top is a visual example of the material. In the lower right corner of this visual example is a small drop down menu that contains 3 additional drop down menus, Scene, Environment, and Render Settings. Under Scene there are 13 different options for displaying the example material ranging from Sphere to Torus. I'm interested in the Canvas option. How do I make that the default view for ALL materials?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rob