How to make dome curtain wall in revit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make dome curtain wall in revit

Hello every one i want to create like dome curtain wall that has mullions like in the image if any one can tell me how and thanks
    Attached Files

Massing and Curtain System will get you there. Check out the documentation for them. Can do a lot of things with massing as the basis for other things.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Steve_Stafford; August 27, 2011, 03:49 AM.

Comment

nice nice but where i can find this documentation ?

Comment

It's the "?" symbol in the upper right corner, Autodesk Revit WikiHelp. Check out Massing and Curtain System. Do a search for Revit and Massing...lot's of video's to watch.

Comment

I have now some ideas about massing tool , i can do the dome with massing and give it division pattern,but what i can not do is that i make the division intersect into one point . any one can help me? because i have a lot of this dome in my project and i can not make the mullions gathering to one point at the top. please help

Comment

Search for what Steve suggested. Not Massing and Surface Divide. Massing and Curtain System...
            Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
            @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

You can use Divide by Intersects and draw lines that converge at a single point. Turn off U/V Grid and choose Intersects, select the lines and it will "project" them onto your Mass face and create a divided surface from the lines.

However, for a simple dome, just use a Curtain System by Face as suggested.
              Cliff B. Collins
              Registered Architect
              The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
              Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Divide Surface and Intersects isnt going to give him Mullions and Panels, its going to only let him place Panels, which will then have to have the hacked-up-hal-mullion profiles running around the edge. And since the panel will be normal to its surface tangential of the Domes radius, there will be gaps in the middle.

They also wont be System Mullions (swappable sizes), and he will have to resort to keeping different panels as a band aid.

Curtain System For the win.
                Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

well i used method of creating curtain system but it does not give me shape i want
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ahmed_hassan View Post
                    There are at least two methods. For regular materials, both work. For glazed domes based on curtain walls, only the second does.

1) New family > generic model > from a front view > Create > Solid > Revolve > draw the section > select an axis > Finish > Load into project > Roof by face > select faces > Finish roof.

2) For glazed domes: New conceptual mass > Draw the section (open) and draw a line for the axis. Select the section and the axis line > Create form. Load into project > Curtain system > select faces > Create system. This method lets you have more control of the shape, even though you could also insert a primitive dome family. (By Alfredo_Medina)
                    OOOPS here we go this really make me understand simple image explain 100 words , you will not believe alfredo post was the key for solving my question
                    Thanks to him

Dome Roof - Autodesk Discussion Groups
                    can not believe this :banghead: i take a lot of time asking everyone and now simply ..... where was this ??
                    the image is attached done by Alfredo_Medina
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by ahmed_hassan; October 26, 2011, 09:45 PM.

Comment