Cost Metrics to Convert CAD to RVT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost Metrics to Convert CAD to RVT

We are an Architectural firm that regularly gets questions from clients (mostly retail) regarding the cost to convert their project, prototypes, or existing building into Revit. So my question, has anyone come up with cost metric (or matrix) by Square Footage to create/develop Revit Models from 2D CAD Files? BTW, I’m not looking for a service to assist.

I know there are many variables involved… like the project type and deliverable; for documentation only; As-built; for file sharing/clash; quantities; and even information for purchasing.

I assume most metrics are derived using the LOD descriptions from the AIA E202 or ConDocs 301. We all know that even these are a little subjective, but it’s still a good starting point.

We have traditionally taken “resource review and guess-timate” approach. I hate this method – it takes too long and people analyze and work differently. Plus, I would really like to arm my non-BIM savvy Principles and PM’s with some base knowledge about what it costs to do this type of work.

This is great knowledge for a client interested in pursuing the benefits of BIM. As you get into the details the costs will adjust, but it’s a great starting point to open the discussions.

Any information would be a great help. Thank you.