Dumb Callouts in Revit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb Callouts in Revit

The project that we are working on right now is in Revit except for the details which are in CAD. I am wanting to callout the details in Revit and edit the detail #/sheet # for each callout, basically I want a "dumb callout". I have looked around to see if I can find out how to make one but I can't find exactly what I am looking for in the callout. The only work around I have found is to create a type for each callout and place them in the model. I understand the best way is to import the details into Revit and reference them; however, due to time constraints and the amount of people in our office that know Revit we will have to keep them separate. We are basically doing one project with 2 programs. The detail sheets will be done and printed in CAD and the Plans, Sections, and Elevations will be done in Revit. If some one has created a "dumb callout" could you post it to this forum so that I can see how you made it.

Thanks for the help,

Matt

Make dummy sheets and views and call those out...?

You could also make annotations that look similar to what you want.

Comment

Yeah that is probably what we are going to end up doing but I was hoping there was a way to make a callout so that I did not have to waste my time setting up a sheet that won't be printed.

Thanks

Comment

How much time are you wasting setting up a sheet?
        -Alex Cunningham

Comment

They don't call 'em dummy callouts for nothing. Why not make them smart callouts? Bring your cad details into Revit drafting views. Then your callouts are live and smart.

Now the long term plan should be to re-create those details 100% in Revit but for a short term solution, bring them into drafting views.

Comment

We use "Dummy Callouts" for our Legend Views...Not the greatest of methods, but its the only way to do it for legends.
            Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Wow....same exact post...word for word over at AUGI....

Comment

We would end up bringing them over to our Revit Model if we had time but unfortunately we do not have the time to make sure all the line weights are correct because only 2 people are working in Revit and the other 4 are working in CAD and don't know Revit yet. So for now this will be how it happens but the long term plan is to get everyone in our office using Revit.

Thanks for the help,

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
                  Wow....same exact post...word for word over at AUGI....
                  Yeah I posted this same question on 3 forums to improve my chances of getting a quick response.

Comment

Originally posted by horndiggitty View Post
                    Yeah I posted this same question on 3 forums to improve my chances of getting a quick response.
                    LOL...Three? I didn't reply at AUGI since I replied here..

Comment