Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macro for selecting family and nested families??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macro for selecting family and nested families??

Does anyone have, or know of a macro that selects nested families when clicking the parent family?

I want to experiment with assemblies but unfortunately the family does not include anything nested when using the assembly tool. I know there is a macro for an earlier version of Revit that does this.
    Last edited by billiam; April 26, 2017, 10:38 PM.

Dynamo Graph. There is a node in Clockwork that selects nested families, based on which family you give it as an input. One second...

EDIT: i thought it was rhythm, its Clockwork. Check this out:

The graph in the attached image works, and you are looking at an Assembly view of a Door Family that is about 10 nested shared families.

Clockwork has a more straightforward node (Assembly.FromElements) but when i tried it, it didnt work (no error, just didnt do anything). So i used the "Create Assembly" and then just told it to add the nested families in.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Twiceroadsfool; April 26, 2017, 10:53 PM.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

BTW, i used Select Individual Model Element, at the beginning. With some list management, ill bet you can select 10 parent families at the beginning, and have it automatically add the correct nested families.
      Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
      @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

JOTools' Selection Expander allows you to select nested of selected. Free app.
        Last edited by Nurlan; April 27, 2017, 07:47 AM.

Comment