Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White as Grey in Elevation - Drywall Material Issue

Hello everyone,

I have a drywall material and in elevation (shaded) it shows as true white. When I duplicate that EXACT material OR create a NEW material with the EXACT properties, it shows as a shaded grey. I can even place that duplicated material on the same wall family and it turns grey. I wish it to be white. There are no filters in my view.

I can change the sun setting to 100% and make everything white however it does not answer the question as why one material is not effected by sun setting and one is, when the ONLY difference is the name. Why does drywall material stay white in shaded mode?

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Do you have some sort of override in the view - either a filter or element override?
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

No, I don`t.

Comment

there is one tab in the material setting you havent shown and I suspect this is where your issue is.

You need to go to the "graphics" tab. The "appearance" tab is for rendering, the graphics tab is where it will set your material shading/hatching in cut and projection for plans and elevations.

Set this to white and I am pretty sure problem solved.
        Last edited by Karalon10; April 25, 2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

My guess, without seeing the model, the material isn't actually applied to the model. It might be applied to the family, but that's to say it made its way to the model. Can you upload an example? Or just the door family?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Greg McDowell Jr
          about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

Attached Files

Comment