Linking or Importing CAD to Revit objects missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking or Importing CAD to Revit objects missing

Imported a CAD file into revit, (also tried linking it, and had the exact same issue). It is not showing any objects within the viewport in the paper space. Please see attached images. What would be causing this? It seems there are always endless issues when linking or importing CAD to Revit but this is just one of those I can't solve.

The image with the black background is what it looks like in CAD paper space. The other image is what it looks like when I link the CAD into Revit.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by katewood1989 View Post
    Imported a CAD file into revit, (also tried linking it, and had the exact same issue). It is not showing any objects within the viewport in the paper space. Please see attached images. What would be causing this? It seems there are always endless issues when linking or importing CAD to Revit but this is just one of those I can't solve.

The image with the black background is what it looks like in CAD paper space. The other image is what it looks like when I link the CAD into Revit.
    have you tried the command CHSPACE in AutoCAD to get your PS stuff into MS then link the .dwg? I don't do PS linking into Revit so I'm not sure but I seem to recall that Revit needs everything in one space or the other prior to linking or importing
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

I think you can get either Paper Space OR Model Space.
      But not both.
      Dave Plumb
      BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
        I think you can get either Paper Space OR Model Space.
        But not both.
        Import it a second time

Comment

Originally posted by HansLammerts View Post
          Import it a second time
          what does that do? Importing a second time just imports MS objects again. To the OP, use CHSPACE command in AutoCAD and select everything in your PS viewport. Then link or import

Comment

You could make 2 views. view 1 : Paperspace objects, view 2 : modelspace objects.
            This is wonderful, how Revit can do it.
            Even plain AutoCAD can't do anything with paperspace from other dwg's

Comment

This worked! thank you

Comment

This worked! thank you
                can you let us know WHAT worked??

Comment

Putting all the elements in paper space (CHSPACE) rather than having things in both model and paper space. I didn't know that there was a command where you could switch the elements in that fashion. Thanks again!

Comment

Putting all the elements in paper space (CHSPACE) rather than having things in both model and paper space. I didn't know that there was a command where you could switch the elements in that fashion. Thanks again!
                    no problem, I'm glad you got it worked out!

Comment