Walk pads attached to roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk pads attached to roof

I was wondering if someone out there has done something like this before? I want to draw some lines and have them create 3 foot wide walk pads on the roof and attach, if possible. I'm currently using a region for the plan dwgs, the grouping them and copy/pasting to the various sectors, but that's so tedious and cumbersome, so if anyone has any thoughts, I'm all ears

TIA

John

I use a fill pattern with a 3' cross hatch model fill...so I can align if needed.
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Create a Line Based Generic Model. Go to Plan View, then Home Tab > Component. If not there yet, select the proper family. BEFORE starting placement, click Set Workplane > Pick Plane. Now pick the roof plane you want to use.
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

I'm liking the line-based approach, so long as the walkway is guaranteed to always be a given width.

We've tended to use split-face in the past as (being sketch based) it affords some degree of flexibility in places where the areas might spread, turn, or infill.... and still relates to the roof/model itself, where drafted filled regions would only be view based.
        Last edited by snowyweston; August 26, 2011, 09:44 AM.

Comment

PARAMETRIC PAD BIM Objects / Families :: Roofs and Roof Accessories: Protection

Comment

Been modelled as a roof in the past, if it's a concrete block walkway. If it's an extra membrane layer just as a filled region on the roof plan.
            Attached Files
            Chris Heinaranta | Architectural Technologist

Comment

Mine are Line Based, and they place the individual pads on the surfaces.
              Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
              @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by cheinaranta View Post
                Been modelled as a roof in the past, if it's a concrete block walkway. If it's an extra membrane layer just as a filled region on the roof plan.
                If its another membrane layer I would use a roof type that is just the roofing membrane. I've done this before for areas where one roof has to drain onto another and so we put a "sacrificial" layer of roofing at the base of it.
                Scott D. Brown, AIA | Senior Project Manager | Beck Group

Comment

I don't use them, but some people might say parts...
                  There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment