Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit Elevation Scope Box and Edit Crop Problem

Hi All!

This problem has been driving my team nuts and I'm hoping that you can help! I am using Revit 2017.2 but I have also seen this issue in Revit 2017.1.

The first is that I can't seem to create a scope box in an elevation/section. I have checked all the culprits I can think of. Do you have any ideas?

The second is that when adjusting an elevation; in many views but not all, it appears to want to go no further than an offset from a particular column line. I deleted this column line thinking something may be corrupt in it, but that did not solve my problem. What's further is that if I edited the crop for a box beyond that one point, the objects in the view changed completely or just disappeared completely as if the view changed positions.

I am also finding a bunch of other "buggy" things. But these are the two that are the most pressing at the moment. I appreciate any advice you can give. Thank you!!

You can only create a scope box in plan.

Help: Create a Scope Box
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Thanks. I came across this info as well. The error with the elevation is that when adjusting the crop view, if you have a split elevation, when you try and adjust it past the split, it will not allow you to move past that point. Now why we are using a split elevation? Who knows. This does not have the same problem with a split section.

Comment

Originally posted by kpierce_tvs View Post
        Thanks. I came across this info as well. The error with the elevation is that when adjusting the crop view, if you have a split elevation, when you try and adjust it past the split, it will not allow you to move past that point. Now why we are using a split elevation? Who knows. This does not have the same problem with a split section.
        I've learnt to avoid splitting elevated views for other reasons as well https://www.revitforum.org/architect...xt-leader.html
        There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment