Guardrail on sloping parapet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guardrail on sloping parapet

Ok, so I know this doesn't usually happen. Either you have a guardrail or a parapet, but this is my life with this particular client. lol

If it were a flat parapet I'd have no problem. Just elevate the guardrail... but I need to place it on the parapet that slopes with the roof. I thought about using a ramp as a parapet cap, but wanted to throw this out there and see if someone has a better idea.

TIA
    John

You can create an unhosted guardrail....when you click the sketch line you can say custom elevation and whether its flat or sloped. The flat parts will be your heights, and its the height from level to the start of the bottom of your guardrail (or however you have your family setup)..
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
      You can create an unhosted guardrail....when you click the sketch line you can say custom elevation and whether its flat or sloped. The flat parts will be your heights, and its the height from level to the start of the bottom of your guardrail (or however you have your family setup)..
      Hmm... Having a hard time getting the slope with the unhosted guardrail. I clicked "sloped" in sketch mode but didn't see any "this end/ that end" dimension options? I just created a very thin ramp and did it that way. Didn't work out perfectly, but it's alright

Thanks!

Comment

You should stick with your original thought, and create a ramp... either using the ramp as the cap, or as a "host" only, which you´ll hide in the views.
        Klaus Munkholm
        "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Yeah, having something to host to works best....

For a non-hosted rail to slope you have to have extra lines at the start and finish that are specified to be flat with a custom elevation.

So if your rail doesn't level out then this method will not work for you. Added the pic to show what I was talking about.

You can cheat it though by making the "flat" part of the rail be as small as possible, but if you have a "has to be perfect" designer then it probably wont fly.
          Attached Files
          Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment