X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to generate a Localfile

Hello Reviter,

The IT-Headquater told me that it wasn`t a "IT-Problem"

I can create a central-file and can make (out of that) a local file.
    my coworker is unable to make a local file...

When he makes a centralfile he can make a local.
    For me its not possible. We work with Revit 2017.2!

So where is the Problem?

We would like to work in the same modell. I´ve never had this problem before with older Revitversions!

KR

Andreas
    Attached Files

First thing I would test is if the full path to the saved file is the same on both machines.

Compare the path in the Modify Settings dialog for Synching with the path the other user is using to make the local file with.

Comment

true

Originally posted by Bjorn_K View Post
      First thing I would test is if the full path to the saved file is the same on both machines.

Compare the path in the Modify Settings dialog for Synching with the path the other user is using to make the local file with.
      Yes thats true! my name start with O:\ ... my Coworker has Z:\

we have both laptops

Could that be the reason?

KR

Andreas

Comment

Not only IS it the reason, it also means you cant work on the file together, until one of you fixes it (whichever one did not create the central file). If you try to, you wont SYNC with central, you will WRITE OVER the central.
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Filepath is different! So poth of us can create a central file, and work via local file, but both of us are unable to make a local file out of the centralfile of the other one.
          Can I fix this by my own? or is is this a IT-Problem?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by andreasdraxl View Post
            Filepath is different! So poth of us can create a central file, and work via local file, but both of us are unable to make a local file out of the centralfile of the other one.
            Can I fix this by my own? or is is this a IT-Problem?
            Your colleague has to remap the folder in question to have EXACTLY same path as you. Also, you both have to access the central file in the same way - through the mapped drive letter or through the network path. You can't mix both approaches.

Comment