Revit and Passive House Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit and Passive House Design

Hi guys, I hoped you could help me with something. I wanted to know if there is a way for revit to visually show where all the thermal bridges are in my design so I can work on designing better junctions. I also want to be able to use Revit with the PHPP software and wondered if anyone has managed to do this before?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Here is a link to explain what PHPP software is and what I want to link revit with.

Passivhaus Institut

Comment

Where's Elrond...?

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_kelly View Post
        Hi guys, I hoped you could help me with something. I wanted to know if there is a way for revit to visually show where all the thermal bridges are in my design so I can work on designing better junctions.
        This part could probably be done with Dynamo and whatever it is Vasari turned into: https://sustainabilityworkshop.autod...oftware/vasari
        Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
        BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by cellophane View Post
          This part could probably be done with Dynamo and whatever it is Vasari turned into: https://sustainabilityworkshop.autod...oftware/vasari
          IF you model every single physical object, accurately, AND define materials with correct thermal transmittance values, THEN Revit and/or Dynamo can do this perhaps. But without a more fully modeled building than we usually do, I think this is going to be problematic. Better to have the expertise to actually understand thermal bridges and design to eliminate them, rather than asking software to do it for us. Because, if one don't understand PH well enough to design the details correctly, which takes time, there is a very good chance one also doesn't understand Revit, or model correctly, because those things also take time, and the results that are puked out of some software tool are going to be wrong, but trusted.
          Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

Oh....this is funny...I was just reading up on this as there is a Passive House AIA Event coming to Spokane in a couple of weeks.

There is software exclusively for passive housing, but it is for SketchUp... designPH is set to revolutionise the way we use PHPP | designPH

Edit...oh...same software already mentioned, different website.
            Last edited by MPwuzhere; March 31, 2017, 03:33 PM.
            Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
              Oh....this is funny...I was just reading up on this as there is a Passive House AIA Event coming to Spokane in a couple of weeks.

There is software exclusively for passive housing, but it is for SketchUp... designPH is set to revolutionise the way we use PHPP | designPH

Edit...oh...same software already mentioned, different website.
              Yes, I know that they have software for SketchUp but Revit it so much more advanced than sketchup and is more usefule for BIM.. so all of my designs and projects are done in Revit in order to co-ordinate with other companies. I don't want to go and redo all my work in sketchup all the time so I was wandering if there is a way revit can be used to do the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_kelly View Post
                Yes, I know that they have software for SketchUp but Revit it so much more advanced than sketchup and is more usefule for BIM.. so all of my designs and projects are done in Revit in order to co-ordinate with other companies. I don't want to go and redo all my work in sketchup all the time so I was wandering if there is a way revit can be used to do the same thing
                Yeah....notice I edited my comment that it was already mentioned.

So there used to be software for Revit. RevitPH and PH-Tools...but I cannot find an active website for either one of them.
                Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

This reminds me of the old, tired, and yet still repeated survey questions/assertions that follow the theme: "BIM will do X for sustainable design". No, it really won't. If your client's not bothered, if your contractor hasn't the care, and/or your consultants haven't a clue - no fancy tech. is going to save the planet for us.

I'm with Gordon, appropriate tool for the job.

I understood PHPP was/is the PassivHaus tool.

But if you want to jump-the-gun on conceptual designs, (before you even get to the level of construction detailing that PHPP concerns itself with) then there's other stuff that plugs straight into Revit... IES have gone a bit quiet in recent years, but Sefaira is still developing and pushing its wares.

Originally posted by cellophane View Post
                  whatever it is Vasari turned into
                  Dynamo AND FormIt?
                  Last edited by snowyweston; March 31, 2017, 04:26 PM.

Comment