Linked files on Shared sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linked files on Shared sites

Can anyone tell me a solution for this problem please?

We have 6 Arch, 6 Structural & 6 MEP models.

I opened our template and linked in the main Arch file. I have acquired coordinates from this file.

The remaining files I then link in using By Shared Coordinates insertion method.

All MEP and Arch files appear correct on the site. However the Structural files are not coming in correct and are quite a way off their corresponding Arch files.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

If I open any of the files I am trying to link into my model, they all have existing links to each other and if I Reload From they link fine. However in my model they do not.

EDIT - What I've since found out this morning is that the Mech & Arch are using the same Survey Base points as defined in the EIR. The Structural models are not. I can manually move the structural models in my project and publish the coordinates back to the structural models but i'm not sure if this is acceptable?
    Last edited by domsib; March 31, 2017, 11:07 AM.

Domsib

Revit MEP - 1 Day at a time...

Seems acceptable to me. Once you get the linked file in position it will stay there when reloading, unless the structural consultant changes their location. Maybe mech and arch have done the same, but theres really only one way to find out... ask them
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Originally posted by domsib View Post
      If I open any of the files I am trying to link into my model, they all have existing links to each other and if I Reload From they link fine. However in my model they do not.

The relationship between the models are probably origin-to-origin.

Originally posted by domsib View Post
      EDIT - What I've since found out this morning is that the Mech & Arch are using the same Survey Base points as defined in the EIR. The Structural models are not. I can manually move the structural models in my project and publish the coordinates back to the structural models but i'm not sure if this is acceptable?
      It is acceptable but will need to be redone with subsequent structural model updates.

Have you tried linking all models by origin-to-origin in lieu of by shared coordinates?
      John Karben | IMEG Corp.

Comment

I'd ask the structural guys to acquire the shared coordinates on their end. Otherwise you'll be doing this every time you get a new model.

Comment

I tried origin to origin and the structural still is some way off on insertion

Domsib

Revit MEP - 1 Day at a time...

Comment

My next assumption is that the structural model is manually positioned. I don't think a "reload from" changes an established position. You can test this by opening the arch model, removing all the links and then re-link them by origin-to-origin and/or by shared-coordinates. My guess is the structural model will be an outlier in same fashion you are seeing with your model.

I agree with chris.macko that it would be reasonable to ask the structural guys to acquire coordinates from the arch model if there will be future structural model updates so you won't need to do so with each update. If there are no future updates then do what you have to with the models you have.
            John Karben | IMEG Corp.

Comment