how to go ortho x,y,z in 3d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to go ortho x,y,z in 3d

Hello every one wonder if i can go ortho in 3d view in x,y,z directions how to activate that
    thanks
    best regards

if I get your question right, click on corners of the view cube. F8 key could be useful too.
    Julien
    "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
    P. DAC
    Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

the idea here is not isometric view rather than i want line to be vertical 90 degree when i draw it in 3d the same as horizontal so i mean draw tool

Comment

Use named reference plan.

Comment

such a ortho mode does not exist.
          Revit depends on work planes. In floor plans the workplane is the level, in sections it's the section line and so on. Every view needs to have a workplane defined for drawing on. If none is defined Revit will ask for it. In 3D views the workplane is normaly not defined. You need to define a workplane to be able to draw in the 3D view. Taditionally most of the drawing work will be done in 2D views. In the last versions the 3D view got better and more can be done directly in 3D.
          Drawing in Revit is always in a 2D space. The Z-axis is defined by the workplane. Workplane can be (re)defined for the view by using the commands from the "Work Plane" ribbon pannel group.
          For further information have a look at the documentation
          Last edited by dalmore; August 25, 2011, 07:52 AM.
          [email protected]

http://4revit.com

Comment

just hold down shift as you draw to lock into 90°
            Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

for notice shift does not work with 3d work environment only 2d work environment workplane i am using it already to determine the direction that i ma going to draw through but the lines may go vertical but the next line may not go horizontal 90 degree it but still line is not 90 degree editing in 2d does not make me think well i like to work like i do models
              Last edited by ahmed_hassan; August 25, 2011, 03:02 PM.

Comment

curious as to what your drawing lines in 3D for? Not to discount that it would be nice at times to maybe draw othogonal in x y z directions at will.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmed_hassan View Post
                  for notice shift does not work with 3d work environment only 2d work environment workplane i am using it already to determine the direction that i ma going to draw through but the lines may go vertical but the next line may not go horizontal 90 degree it but still line is not 90 degree editing in 2d does not make me think well i like to work like i do models
                  Oh yes it does !!!!
                  Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment