Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steel Shop Model No longer shows

Hi All,

I've got a large steel model from the steel shop drawing guys and I have imported a 3d DWG file into a Generic model family and loaded this into our architecture model for checking positioning and various coordinating. It has been going perfectly for a few months, no trouble.

Now, out of the blue, it has decided to spit the dummy. The model no longer shows unless a section box is cutting it. And in that case it only shows what is being cut. This is the only way of seeing the steel Family model. It doesnt show in plan, section or elevation. Family is 20MB. 3DSTEEL MODEL NO LONGER SHOWS.JPG

So far i have tried: Loading and placing it into a fresh empty file, model looks perfect. Linked this into our file and same result as above.
    Purged our file and deleted old views to get file size down - Currently totalling 730MB. It must be something in our main file that is causing this to happen. I'll try a few more tests like Exploding family and deleting some things, or making a new workset and put it on that.

Still in Revit 2016 too BTW.

I appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Next I will try recreating the Generic family and placing again will hopefully work. ....

Originally posted by 411toaster View Post
    Hi All,

I've got a large steel model from the steel shop drawing guys and I have imported a 3d DWG file into a Generic model family and loaded this into our architecture model for checking positioning and various coordinating. It has been going perfectly for a few months, no trouble.

Now, out of the blue, it has decided to spit the dummy. The model no longer shows unless a section box is cutting it. And in that case it only shows what is being cut. This is the only way of seeing the steel Family model. It doesnt show in plan, section or elevation. Family is 20MB. 3D

So far i have tried: Loading and placing it into a fresh empty file, model looks perfect. Linked this into our file and same result as above.
    Purged our file and deleted old views to get file size down - Currently totalling 730MB. It must be something in our main file that is causing this to happen. I'll try a few more tests like Exploding family and deleting some things, or making a new workset and put it on that.

Still in Revit 2016 too BTW.

I appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Next I will try recreating the Generic family and placing again will hopefully work. ....
    well, if it shows in a 3D view the only thing that I can think of is: are your CAD layers checked in V/G Imported Categories for all of your plan, elevation, and section views (via View Templates one would hope)
    Last edited by Dave Jones; March 22, 2017, 12:06 AM. Reason: deleted screen shot
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

!!! Thanks Dave... I just turned on the 'imports in families' category in the imported categories tab.... what threw me was that it still shows the cut which must be managed differently.... Sometimes its the simplest things eh. cheers again!
      Attached Files

Comment

Glad that you got it worked out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment