Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Mullion Not Joining

All -

I am struggling with a mullion profile that I cannot seam to get the corners to clean up. I was hoping I could get some assistance on this. I searched through some other threads, but wasn't able to find what I needed.

I am not sure if its the profile I am using or something else entirely. I know I have done this in the past, but I am missing something here for some reason.
    Attached Files
    Jason Coe, Architect
    Beardsley Architects + Engineers
    Auburn, New York
    http://revitecture.blogspot.com

Originally posted by jcoe View Post
    All -

I am struggling with a mullion profile that I cannot seam to get the corners to clean up. I was hoping I could get some assistance on this. I searched through some other threads, but wasn't able to find what I needed.

I am not sure if its the profile I am using or something else entirely. I know I have done this in the past, but I am missing something here for some reason.
    It's the cw mullion profile. Revit doesn't know how to join mullion types with offsets in them. When I run into this issue I make two (or more) curtain wall types and overlay them. In your case your thin exterior rectangular shape would be cw #1 and the glazed interior portion would be cw #2

Edit: Example
    Last edited by Dave Jones; March 21, 2017, 07:48 PM.
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Well that is unfortunate.
      I just tried to create the sweep in a panel family too, but the sweep doesn't appear when loaded...just the panel.

Dave - when you say you overlay them, could you please elaborate on that more.
      Jason Coe, Architect
      Beardsley Architects + Engineers
      Auburn, New York
      http://revitecture.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by jcoe View Post
        Well that is unfortunate.
        I just tried to create the sweep in a panel family too, but the sweep doesn't appear when loaded...just the panel.

Dave - when you say you overlay them, could you please elaborate on that more.
        overlay: probably not the correct term but, you can build your profiles so that the "stack" one on top of the other to create different framing layers that each have the same or similar shapes so that in the end product the vertical and horizontal joinery is correct. Rather than try to explain the process I'm uploading a curtain wall frame from a past project that has five layers of curtain wall to create exterior and interior "noses", recessed face caps, face caps of different depths, etc and all of the joinery is correct. Check out the profiles and how they are created to "layer" each resultant curtain wall mullion section on top of the next and the next, etc.

Had to delete the doors to get under the max upload size, sorry. Any questions, give me a shout
        Attached Files
        I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment