Combining multiple revit files into one large file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combining multiple revit files into one large file

I am trying to come up with the best way to combine models and allow them to be workable and not too big. I have 5 parts of a building, wings, each in a separate model. There is one model in which they are all loaded so you can see how they work together.It is very difficult to go in and out of each model every time there is a change. I would like to set it up so that I can work in one file and have all the buildings included. For instance, I need to renovate the existing walls on the first floor of ALL the wings. Is there a best way I can do this? Opinions?

You can go into the model that everything is already loaded and insert them in the model then ungroup....

But I think the building was split up on purpose because of file sizes...
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

How big is the building?
      Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
      @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

In total they are only about 175 M total. But they are bare bones at this point...
        Last edited by Kate Schade; March 15, 2017, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Oh...not big at all.
          Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Not now but when we are working in them and adding everything to them, it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate Schade View Post
              In total they are only about 175 M total. But they are bare bones at this point...
              Not the model. The BUILDING. How large (SF total, SF per plate, Stories) is the BUILDING...
              Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation

Comment

Total SF...424,776+/-
                7 stories...

Comment

Gotcha.

Opinions vary, but at that size i would shove it in one file and be done with it, assuming its all one Drawing Package / Permit.

Comment

That will work but what if we are working on different areas and a year later we need to work on another area. Doesn't it get too big? maybe put the different renovations on worksets?

Comment