Scheduling Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduling Query

Is it possible to include doors that are hosted within Generic Models into a door schedule in a project?

For example: I have a door schedule including all the doors in an apartment but I have had to build a generic model to represent bespoke doors that appear the same as the kitchen cupboards when they are full size doors (so need to be included in the schedules). There is a door within the generic model but it doesn't seem to appear in the door schedules - is there a way around this?

Thank you!

Make your nested door a shared family or change the category of your generic model to doors.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Originally posted by elton williams View Post
      Make your nested door a shared family or change the category of your generic model to doors.
      Slight "correction" - there is no "OR" here, the nested door* family must be shared to be scheduled regardless of....

*category. Remember that's a Revit category - which is not the be all and end all - so you don't need to switch the category (if you don't want to), just make sure the family (whatever the Revit category) and type are appropriately populated with relevant classification/specification information - then schedule (filter/sort) by those properties.

Comment

Originally posted by snowyweston View Post
        Slight "correction" - there is no "OR" here, the nested door* family must be shared to be scheduled regardless of....
        Share the nested door
        OR
        Change the host family to door category if you want to schedule that instead
        DON'T do both unless you want to schedule 2 doors.

Personally, I would share the nested door and change the host to casework so i can schedule the face panel as well.
        There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment