Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing door swings according to phases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing door swings according to phases?

Hi all,

I am working on a project which consists of 3 phases, among other things each phase involves installing new doors. I have created a graphic line within the door family so each door has a tick box for what sort of door swing I'd like e.g. a curved door swing for existing doors and a straight door swing for new doors. Only problem with this is that when I start a new phase the once new doors now become existing but of course still have a straight door swing line, if I change them to curved it changes them in all phases which is problematic if I need to go back to previous phases and reissue any drawings. Does anyone know of a better way to deal with this?

Thanks
    Lox

If I understand you correctly, you need to use the very same workflow as in the real life: demolish old door, install new one. You can use different door type for new doors, with different graphics, or use view filters to differentiate new and old stuff by colors, linetypes and patterns. AFAIK, family graphics can't vary between phases apart from that.

Comment

Lox
      This thread came up in a google search for something, I see it is a couple years old, but what I do is put both door swings in the family (reference level) and give them a yes/no parameter. Then I make two types of doors, one existing and one new and give the yes/no accordingly. Once inserted into the project I can have both types in there and just use which pertains to the situation. I hope this helps.
      TDS

Comment

The slimmest solution is a Yes/No parameter (Call it "Existing" for example) tied into your Door Swing Graphics (which a nested 2D graphic of your door swing won't break as easily as natively drawn lines, or you can control its placement/effect better without cluttering the family with annotations), so you can have a Swing Angle formula like "if(Existing, 45*, Angle)".
        Last edited by cftrevizo; January 10, 2018, 03:03 PM.

Comment