Curtain Wall Types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curtain Wall Types

So I want to make a curtain wall type sheet which has every curtain wall in my project laid out on it.
    Should I be doing this as an assembly? A model group? Some other way? I'd like to see levels and grid lines in the views.

I use elevation bugs...then filter out everything but the curtain wall itself and add to sheet. Go a bit further and name the elevation callout Curtainwalls so that I can filter those on plan too...
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
      I use elevation bugs...then filter out everything but the curtain wall itself and add to sheet. Go a bit further and name the elevation callout Curtainwalls so that I can filter those on plan too...
      I/we do the same.

Comment

Model groups. Then we place an instance of the same model group in a Previous Phase (two phases back) and demolish it one phase back, and dont need to filter anything, because there are no other walls, furniture, etc. Then, as long as no one ungroups it, they all stay updated too.
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
          Model groups. Then we place an instance of the same model group in a Previous Phase (two phases back) and demolish it one phase back, and dont need to filter anything, because there are no other walls, furniture, etc. Then, as long as no one ungroups it, they all stay updated too.
          But then, you still need to create elevations, don't you?
          Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

One, yep. In a previous phase, so i dont have to filter the marker. Why make more than one elevation, when i can just line up the model groups in a row? (Or maybe two, i suppose, if you have a lot).
            Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation

Comment

Same as Aaron... Groups and Phase trick (although my Phase is in the future so I don't have to demolish them...)
              Also, using the MG trick, is an easy way to check if you got all the types covered. Simply check the Project Browser to see if you have them all covered (which, I agree, will only work if you created groups for all of them...)
              Last edited by mdradvies; August 24, 2011, 09:34 AM.
              Martijn de Riet
              Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
              MdR Advies
              Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

So you would still need to elevate the curtain wall/model group right? The phase deal is just making it easier not to show everything else in the model?

Comment

Also eliminates the worry of having to move the "Legend" view if that Curtain Wall/Storefront moves in the design. Also eliminates having to place a bunch of elevations at random heights to get them all, instead of one that just runs horizontally. Plus, it hiding everything else for you because the other stuff doesnt exist is a pretty huge deal, considering how much stuff we model in iterations. Going back and hiding stuff sucks. Masking regions stink too. Not a fan of needing to make a filter for every type of SF configuration i have, either, but thats just me.

The only reason i do them in the past is so i dont have to go out in to hyperspace (away from the project) to model them... mine are all bunched around the origin. But yeah, both ways work.

Comment

Was just talking about this to a work associate...he brought up couldn't you just put them on a different workset?

Nevermind....realized that while the curtain wall would only appear the elevation callouts would be left behind...
                    Last edited by MPwuzhere; August 24, 2011, 04:44 PM. Reason: oops

Comment