Elevation cut line not appearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elevation cut line not appearing

I just started a new project and moved the elevation bubbles to fit the floor plan. Now when I select the elevation bubble to adjust the cut line, the cut line is not visible. also, the grips on some the blue extents lines are not visible. Using Revit Architecture 2016.

Try going into your overall 3D View.
    Right-click on the View Cube and select "Orient to View"
    Then pick Elevation and find the one you're working on.
    That should give you some idea of where the cutline and extents are & maybe you can back-track from there to your plan
    Dave Plumb
    BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. My problem is that I need to adjust where the elevation cut line is, but the cut line is not showing up. So I'm seeing everything beyond which isn't what I want.

Comment

I was thinking that the Section Box in the 3D View would should you where the Cut Line is & that might give you a clue to hunt it down in the plan. It may just be outside of the Crop Region of the plan. It's not necessarily right on top of the bubble
        Dave Plumb
        BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Are you referring to the view extents or the actual location of the elevation? For the life of me I can't remember the correct names of the actual objects...
          Attached Files
          Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
          BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

The view extents line in not showing up, and the grips at the end of the line of view origin are also missing.

Comment

Maybe it has a reference box or maybe it is a non delimitated view

Comment

If you go to section view and check all the boxes under "Extents" and give a Far Clip Value great enough, you should see all those Section grips show up in Plan View. If you can't see the Section Line and Bubble in Plan View, try using Reveal Hidden Elements to find it - or check to see if category is off - or that it is within the View Range - or within another Phase (Phase Filter: Show All) - or within another Discipline.
                Last edited by Barth; February 25, 2017, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Thanks to all who replied. My far clipping was not enabled. When that was corrected, the section grips and line showed up as they should. Now, however, my levels have disappeared and only reappear when far clipping is turned off. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Comment

Originally posted by krickabaugh View Post
                    Thanks to all who replied. My far clipping was not enabled. When that was corrected, the section grips and line showed up as they should. Now, however, my levels have disappeared and only reappear when far clipping is turned off. Any ideas as to why this is happening?
                    I'm guessing that you have a view template set up for your section? Try setting this to None and see if that enables your se.ction grips. If it does, then you probably need to tweak your view template settings

Comment