3D View waaaaaay far out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D View waaaaaay far out!

I'm pretty sure this question has been asked before, but my search parameter brings up 20 pages of posts...
    Nothing has changed in my model from one day to the next, but now my default 3D view is waaaaay far out. I already deleted one and made a new one, with the same results.
    I turned on all elements to make sure nothing is hidden waaaay out there (nothing).
    There is no hidden mass, scope boxes, etc. I restarted the workstation, restarted Revit, blah, blah, blah!
    If I try to spin around in 3D, my model disappears waaaay off into never-never land!
    Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have a site plan from CAD or an MEP model linked in? if so, unload it, and see if the problem goes away if you delete the 3D view and make a new one. If it does, theres the problem.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Nope, no CAD or MEP. I thought maybe the significant number of wall sweeps and curtain wall gridlines might be doing it, so I deleted all of them, still no love.
      I open the file and I'm a million miles away from the model, which appears as a speck on the screen. I even reset my 3D view, set the 3D view to my starting view, save and then re-open the file...still sucking air at 100,000' AFF!

Comment

Families with nested connectors?
        Greg McDowell Jr
        about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

Nope, none, nada!

Comment

Move in closer in your default 3D view and right click view cube , set to home view then right click view cube again, save view ???
            There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Now it seems to be getting worse...getting weird wireframe image showing up underneath shaded and hidden line views.

Comment

Any chance you are a REALLY long distance away from the Relative Origin?
                Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

You may be able to find the offending element with this technique:
                  • In your 3D View, make sure everything is on in all the V/G Tabs.
                  • Set your Phase Filter to Show All
                  • Type ZF for Zoom Fit
                  • Type ZO to Zoom out even more
                  • Select everything visible by dragging a selection box from right to left. This should ensure that you get absolutely everything.
                  • With everything still selected, use the mouse wheel to zoom in closer to the actual model. (I'm assuming that you're using Worksets and can see the icons)
                  • Hold down the Shift Key and select everything using a box from left to right. This will remove anything completely inside the box and should leave only the element(s) that are waaaaaay far out.

Hopefully at this point, you will have only one element selected (check the funnel in the lower right for a count) and it's properties will show in the Properties Palette.
                  Then you can decide if that element needs fixing or can just be deleted
                  If there is more than one element selected, use the "Isolate Element" to help figure out what the problem is.
                  Dave Plumb
                  BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Sorry if this is mentioned above; I didn't read everybody's reply. The post caught my attention because it reads like one I replied to last week in another forum. Turns out the Survey and Project Point were separated MILES AND MILES apart from each other, and the model (in crop view) was in between them - but unseen because it was the size of a pin point in relationship to vast area being viewed. Kinda like trying to locate your house on the earth. HA!

Comment