Filtering common floor edge lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filtering common floor edge lines

Is there a way make common floor slab edges vanish? I have a project with different floor types in the middle of rooms. I'd rather not have to go view by view and use the invisible line overrides where there are edges abutting each other. But I need the edges that are not abutting another floor to show up. Outside slabs, etc.

Is there a way to do this?
    ​My ID was stolen. Now I'm only called Dav

If the floors are the same the same material you should be able to use the join command and the lines will go.
    Alex Page
    RevitWorks Ltd
    Check out our Door Factory, the door maker add-in for Revit

Comment

They're not. Wood and concrete and I'm not asking any more questions or they'll add in brick and maybe even stone

Comment

Floors: Common Edges, in VG: Model. Is it not working?
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

The wood floor that abuts a concrete floor in the middle of a room still shows the floor perimeter line for each of the floor types. I've tried every combination of turning off the options in the template. It still shows up unless I turn the master floor option off in the template.

Comment

if they're different materials they'll always show a line without manual intervention - if it's a deal breaker you "could" use parts and not show parts in that view
            Greg McDowell Jr
            about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

It's just a thing to deal with. I was hoping somebody had a brilliant solution. It happens enough around here

Comment

A lot depends how its being done - finish floors could be turned off, depending on other factors you could change line color.
                Julie Kidder
                Architect + BIM Director
                Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

Am i wrong in thinking that different floor types should show a the line that abuts them? Unless im missing something?
                  There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Originally posted by elton williams View Post
                    Am i wrong in thinking that different floor types should show a the line that abuts them? Unless im missing something?
                    For construction document floor plans I'm in agreement with you, but for conceptual/presentation type plans (like department plans, or some marketing plans) extra lines add to the clutter and produce confusion, as it would for something like a code plan where the focus is on rooms and occupants.
                    Julie Kidder
                    Architect + BIM Director
                    Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment