Printing pdf from 2017, whats the goss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing pdf from 2017, whats the goss?

Apparently there are problems printing from 2017 to abobe pdf writer, (maybe others i am not sure) and i experienced these last night. There seems to be a workaround involving print preview and/or single sheet pdfs, neither of which i have fully confirmed to my satisfaction. I google it and find it is a problem. This is the forum i trust and now i ask the question.
    What exactly is the problem, and has there been or will there be a fix for it? I dont know if it is just the adobe writer and if so that is a pity because apart from blubeam which i havent used, i never see repeatable reliable results from any other writer out there, free or not.
    Motorbike riding is one long bezier curve

Cute Writer Pro has never let me down + it allows a small kb version to be created, great for emailing.
    Steve

Comment

Gordo, does cute pdf go up to a1 size?
      The free or just the pro?

Comment

I've given up on printing from Revit bc every time I want to print more than one sheet I get errors. I always plot to PDF with xrev and print from there.
        There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Well, all i hope is a fix happens, whether it be from autodesk, microsoft or adobe. Whats the chances i wonder?

Comment

XREV is great, I used it a lot always no problems, worth investing the $$$ in.
            Project & BIM Manager
            Spillman Farmer Architects
            Bethlehem, PA

Comment

I would recommend you investigate the CAUSE of the printing problems, and not relegate yourself to jumping between PDF writers when a problem comes about. Everyone has a PDF writer that *works fine for them* or an addin that *works fine for them* but every companies environment has different things in it, that cause different conflicts.

Generally if something is having a problem with PRINTING, ive found its something on the machine causing an issue, and not the PDF writer themselves.

Ive been printing from Revit 2017 (RTM, SP1, .1, .1.1, and .2) to PDF without issues, except for the issues that were related to a Windows update that completely sacked printing. I use Bluebeam's PDF Writer, but thats just because Bluebeam is on all of the machines here. I havent heard of the Adobe PDF writer itself having any issues in 2017, though. I know a lot of folks use it, so that would surprise me.
              Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
              @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

I agree with investigating the cause, and the first step will be printing the same project from 2016 and 2017 to multi sheet pdfs. Multi seems to be where the most reported problems exist. For me at least initially it only started with 2017. I'll see how it goes. I have found a thread on the autodesk support forums that has a few suggestions, like not renaming the files created, i will try those. Trying to nail this before i have 40 students at the printing stage in first year. And they mightnt have problems anyway.

Comment

Is the issue that the output is wrong, or that it doesn't print (i.e. stalls/crashes)?

Comment

For me the process stalls during the single pdf creation of multiple sheets. Single sheet seems to be ok by the look of it. There certainly hasn't been a show of hands of 'me too, me too' here, so i'm going to change my brand of toothpaste today, and the simple world of programs and pcs will be rosy again tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Comment