3d bolt and nuts in revit family file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3d bolt and nuts in revit family file

I am a structural drafter. I cannot find any 3d bolt and nuts family file for my steel work detailing in revit. Can anybody help?

The purpose is to use Advance steel in combination with Revit.

Comment

Originally posted by yap1312 View Post
      I am a structural drafter. I cannot find any 3d bolt and nuts family file for my steel work detailing in revit. Can anybody help?
      Google it, you'll find lots of them. Some good, some not. Better yet, figure out how to make your own. Here's a good start
      I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Originally posted by HansLammerts View Post
        The purpose is to use Advance steel in combination with Revit.
        Hans, some of your posts just make me scratch my head wondering WTF...

Comment

Why is that? Advance steel is the solution for steel detailling..isn't it? The point is that large Revit models with many (unnecessary?) details like bolts will slow things down significantly.. Google it
          Last edited by HansLammerts; February 18, 2017, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Google it? LOL. Sounds like operator error. Ive got plenty of MASSIVE models with MANY items at or about the same size as bolts, and they work fine if they are done right.
            Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
            @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Ok mr Maller. Maybe you are doing everything right first time LOL!, were many others struggle to determine what NOT to model. What i think is that the strategy towards fabrication like bolts is such a nasty BIM subjects. I hear you say you do
              EVERYTHING and all in just this one platform right?. That leaves the with what the purpose and position is of
              Advance steel that was bought to add to the Autodesk portfolio and how this is positioned in the BIM / Revit wotkflow. Please enlighten me... Because what i see of advance really looks great! ( just can't 'reach' it to be used personally)
              With all respect Hans

Comment

Maybe i DO get everything right the first time. What can i say? Just talented, i guess.

If you think its nasty to model small objects, then dont model them. I mean, thats true for anyone, i suppose. But you make comments like *Revit will significantly slow down with a lot of small objects in it.* Maybe you just dont know how to use it well? I dont know.

Advance Steel? I think its awesome looking software. I dont know why you think that because i disagree with your advice giving, that im saying Advance Steel isnt great. Not saying that at all. Im excited to get my hands on it, one of these days. I cant really enlighten you as to what Autodesk plans to do with it, since i dont work at Autodesk. But its obviously a platform that was created for modeling and detailing Steel. So? Tekla has been out forever too, that doesnt mean people just CANT or DONT or SHOULDNT model those objects in Revit, if Revit is the package they happen to deliver their work in. Tekla builds a badass model, and hopefully Advance Steel does too. And hopefully, some of that "awesome" gets integrated in to Revit in some way, shape, or form.

In the meantime, if you use Revit for the other 75-85% of the structure, and you "need to document bolt connections and patterns," it CAN be done in Revit without Advance Steel. If you HAVE Advance Steel (or Tekla), then it might make sense to use it. But if not? Revit can handle it. Just because *other software exists* that does it, doesnt mean the intent is to NOT do it in the Revit Model.

Besides, the OP was asking about where to find content, and you didnt even talk about any content. Honestly, im pretty sure you intentionally just like to stir **** up, because youre one of those people. Instead of pointing the OP to a content site, or a tutorial on how to make a piece of content, you just have to backhand the idea of anything getting done in Revit. Why? Because you work in civil, and Revit isnt made for Civil. Thats my guess.
                Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by HansLammerts View Post
                  Why is that? Advance steel is the solution for steel detailling..isn't it? The point is that large Revit models with many (unnecessary?) details like bolts will slow things down significantly.. Google it
                  LOL! the OP asked for a 3D bolt. They didn't say that they were going to include 6,000,000 of them in their model. So, your solution is "buy this $3,000USD a year program" instead of pointing them to where to find or how to make a 3D bolt??? Still scratching my head here....

Comment

I didn't say it was the *only* solution. But like Aaron says. I like to stirr things up for you ;-)
                    So why do you come up with your solution where only a few days ago this seems to be released? Did you try it yet?
                    What do you think of it..

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...r-content.html

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...7F6C6-htm.html
                    Last edited by HansLammerts; February 19, 2017, 05:18 PM.

Comment