Attach Wall to Floors at Different Elevations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attach Wall to Floors at Different Elevations

I'm working on a theatre and we have a double stud assembly between the threatres which on its own is fine but I need the base of the wall to follow the slopes of the floors on either side, which are of course at different locations. Is it possible to do this with a single wall without resorting to parts? The wall will be similar to UL U493. The attached section is approximately the end result.

Thanks! :beer:
    Attached Files
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Im pretty sure you can attach the base and/or top to multiple floors, if you just do it one at a time. The problem you are experiencing is because the way you modeled the slabs... well... sucks.

Complete slabs, with shape editing. ONE of them has to go *under* the air space, too. Here, worked like a champ.
    Attached Files
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
      Im pretty sure you can attach the base and/or top to multiple floors, if you just do it one at a time. The problem you are experiencing is because the way you modeled the slabs... well... sucks.

Complete slabs, with shape editing. ONE of them has to go *under* the air space, too. Here, worked like a champ.
      Yeah - I know I can attach to multiple floors which is part of why I couldn't figure out why this didn't want to work. Thanks! :beer:
      Last edited by cellophane; February 15, 2017, 03:01 PM.
      Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
      BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment