Revit 2017 View cube disappears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit 2017 View cube disappears

I have just found that after I export a DWF file of my 3D view, my view cube automatically turns itself off.
    When I turn it back on, it is still not visible, and I have to close and open revit for it to appear again.

This is in the 2017 version.

Anyone else have this issue, or/and a solution?

I normally wouldn't care that much, except I am exporting separate levels for coordination, and its already an annoying process level by level, but having to close/open every time is pretty annoying.

I need the view cube, to re-orient the view to the next level quickly. Sure I can use the 3D view box, but its easier to align to a plan view
    Last edited by Karalon10; February 9, 2017, 09:51 AM.

Hi Karalon10, Same problem here , and also for my Revit 2017 there are my properties palette and project browser that get's blocked since I try to do some usual things like edit elements, I do the same as you and the problem solves but is a PITA to being obligated to do that each time, I noticed that this behavior is related when I open several files or if I put my P. Palette in my second screen :crazy:

WIN 10 Professional - 24 GB RAM - Intel Xeon X5570 @ 2.93 GHz 2 Processors - System 64 Bits- Autodesk Building design suite 2017
    Last edited by Andres Franco; February 9, 2017, 12:25 PM. Reason: Technical specs
    Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
    Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
    E.A Poe

Comment

Apparently, Revit 2017 has some graphic issues going on. Here in the office we have also reported that in 3D views, some walls disappear for moments when zooming in or out, and the models are not that big!

Comment

Those all sound like classic examples of out of date video drivers.
        Dave Plumb
        BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

unless it went out of date yesterday/today....shouldn't be...
          was working fine up until then

Comment

2017.1 update installed?
            There's also a 2017.2, but from what I read, you need to be careful to NOT mix 2017.1 and 2017.2 on the same project
            What Revit Wants: Revit Wants The Whole Team On The Exact Same Revit Version
            Dave Plumb
            BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment