Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help in how to rotate component or family model in 3d ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help in how to rotate component or family model in 3d ?

Hi every one i made search on this question before i asked here and revitcity do not open with me so pardon me i will ask just easy question help in how to rotate a component or family model in 3d axis i mean on axe z not only axe of 2d x,y and thanks for help

i know that i should learn i did and watched yesterday many basics in lynda essential tutorial 2011 for revit architecture (recommended) and it was great

but this question i wish that you can help me

But this proves that you still need basic training. A forum is best used for solving troubles that people encounter after training, at the workplace; more especially, the forum is very good for solving those things that are not in any books or any training. But you can't use the forum in lieu of basic training, in my opinion. Usually, during the first day of class, at the beginning, the instructor talks about the interface of Revit, and within that interface, the instructor talks about the Wheel, (Shift + w) from where you can easily rotate a model around with the Orbit option.
    Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Alfredo this really my mistake i followed most of lessons except user interface&context ribbons and detailing and schedule i was thinking that i do not need to watch this lesson of interface and now i think i will watch it after you mention this to me
      thanks
      mm agree the delicious of forum is a challenge one that you can not find asnwer in any reference did not notice that i am trying to reduce an questions that is quite easy this two days i am trying now to depend more on sources education like lynda or youtube or wikihelp before ask to make forum spirit of challenge which i agree it totally with you hope no one attacking me next times because i am defending alone lool :laugh:

Comment

maybe i did not clearify my question shift + w is rotating view it is not rotating component i do not need orbit i know how to orbit i need to flip object 180 in vertical direction and load any component in the project in that way help please
        Last edited by ahmed_hassan; August 23, 2011, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Sorry if I misunderstood your first post. Switch to an elevation view, select the object, and use the Rotate tool. Most of the times, you might need to activate "Disjoin" from the options bar. It depends what you want to rotate, though. Some objects cannot be rotated that way.
          Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
            Sorry if I misunderstood your first post. Switch to an elevation view, select the object, and use the Rotate tool. Most of the times, you might need to activate "Disjoin" from the options bar. It depends what you want to rotate, though. Some objects cannot be rotated that way.
            Thanks, this helps. I think I've got it!

Comment