Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metric template missing

Hi there,

Here’s my problem: I am an user of Revit Architecture 2012 and since the start the “metric templates” have been missing. I have the folder (C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2012\Templates\US metric), but it’s empty. I do have all the metric library/family content, so no problem there.

I have tried to fix this 3 ways:
    • Using the Imperial template (that I do have) and set the units to mm. Problem is that the build-in families are still in inches.
    • Add feature by: Control panel > add/remove programs > RAC 2012 > add feature > add metric content. After that the metric template was still missing.
    • Searched for the metric template online (like on the Autodesk support website), no luck.

So… can anyone help me out with a default metric template for RAC 2012?? I think I only need the file, and then my problem is fixed.

Thanks for your time in advance.
    Merel from Amsterdam

Originally posted by vosmerel View Post
    Hi there,

Here’s my problem: I am an user of Revit Architecture 2012 and since the start the “metric templates” have been missing. I have the folder (C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2012\Templates\US metric), but it’s empty. I do have all the metric library/family content, so no problem there.

I have tried to fix this 3 ways:
    • Using the Imperial template (that I do have) and set the units to mm. Problem is that the build-in families are still in inches.
    • Add feature by: Control panel > add/remove programs > RAC 2012 > add feature > add metric content. After that the metric template was still missing.
    • Searched for the metric template online (like on the Autodesk support website), no luck.

So… can anyone help me out with a default metric template for RAC 2012?? I think I only need the file, and then my problem is fixed.

Thanks for your time in advance.
    Merel from Amsterdam
    I think that the problem that you will have is that most people aren't using R2012 any longer. It is almost 7 years old. So barring a result from a Google search, or lucking into reaching someone who still uses R2012, you are out of luck
    Last edited by Dave Jones; February 6, 2017, 05:04 PM.
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
      I think that the problem that you will have is that most people aren't using R2012 any longer. It is almost 7 years old. So barring a result from a Google search, or lucking into reaching someone who still uses R2012, you are out of luck

Yeah, I was hoping to find someone on this forum who still uses R2012 and could send me the template... Still have some hope

Comment

Let me check in my OLD software folder to see if I'm still having the 2012 version,
        Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
        Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
        "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
        E.A Poe

Comment

That would be GREAT! Thanks a lot! :thumbsup: If you find something, please email it to [email protected].

Comment

Hi vosmerel, I just e-mailed you a 2012 RTE template I made a long time ago, since I do some changes to it some elements are in Spanish (Mother Tongue), I think you can work within :hide: meanwhile we find another solution, families are still in English, so I think you will haven't no much trouble to rename the elements wrote down in Spanish such as levels and elevations, but if you have any inconvenient you can send me a mail and I'll do made a translation for you, regards
            Last edited by Andres Franco; February 10, 2017, 05:40 PM.
            Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
            Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
            "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
            E.A Poe

Comment

Ah, that's so nice, thank you very much. I think the translating will not be a problem for me, I will edit the template and make it more Dutch-like Thanks again, Andrés!

Comment